Creating a Character Web
This workshop looks at creating characters with conflicting goals, creating the tension that is essential to any compelling story. We’ll analyze the web of character in examples, then examine the participants’ works in progress through the lens of the character web.
- Character and (not OR) plot
- Stakes! Defining the goal. Moving the goalpost.
- Harnessing characters' competing goals
- Protagonist, antagonist, villain…
- Analyzing the characters in your work in progress